Couples Resort Facilities
Lakeside Patio & Pool
- Pool Temp 90'F & 32'C May Long Weekend to June 20th - hours 12 noon to 4:30pm
- Pool Temp 85'F & 30'C June 21st to Labour Day - hours 10am to 7pm
- 1 outdoor salt-water pool 20 feet X 40 feet - Open May Long Weekend until September 2nd.
- 1 outdoor salt-water Hot Tub 14 feet X 6 feet - Open May Long Weekend until September 2nd.
- 44 cushioned chaise lounge chairs around the pool area on the waterfront
- 16 cushioned wrought iron patio chairs for afternoon meals
- 3 licensed patio with service throughout the afternoon.
- 48 accommodations, each for one couple.
- All with wood burning fireplace.
- 12 Master's Jr. Suites, with outdoor hot tub, 1000 square feet each
- 17 king Jr. Suites, 600 square feet each
- 2 Utopian Cabins, with outdoor hot tub, 700 square feet each
- 6 Exotic Jr. Suites, with outdoor hot tub, 600 square feet each
- 6 spa Villas with their own spa facilities, 1000 square feet each
- 3 chateaus with their own spa facilities, with outdoor hot tub, 1400 square feet each
- fine dining with semi-formal dress code in evening
- 5 course gourmet meal
- extensive wine selection
- bar and lounge area
- casual but table served breakfast
- 3 slate billiard tables
- 1 ping pong table
- 1 foosball table
- 1 shuffleboard table
- 2 dart boards
- 2 seating areas
- 1 concept2 rowing machine
- 1 variable stationary bike
- 1 tread master
- free weights
- mats, TV/VCR, water cooler
- change rooms and showers
- on-site washer and dryer
Purchase your gift certificates in advance by calling our helpful front office between 9am and 9pm at 866-202-1179, and spoil a loved one.
The Gift shop is located in the main lodge by reception.
Gift shop offers a wide variety of snacks, toiletries, books, Eminence Spa products, Souvenirs and more.
6 room Spa.
100% Solar Powered,
100% Natural and Organic
Each spa room at the Couples Resort creates an atmosphere focusing on relaxation and rejuvenation.
The Spa is an ideal break for that special indulgence, allowing you to revitalize body, mind and spirit.
The Sport Centre contains all the necessary equipment to enjoy the outdoors in spring, summer, winter or fall.
We have extensive collection of all weather clothing, outerwear, footwear, hats and accessories & apparel.
We also offer dog sledding and horseback riding.
Take a historical photo journey in one of the first cabins built on the property when it was known as the Bear Trail Inn to the present day Couples Resort.
The resort has enjoyed a long and memorable history since 1967, when the Sorensen family purchased the property.
The Couples Resort will be an experience that you look back on with many memories. It is these memories that keep guests returning.
Gertrud Sorensen is an Austrian-born Canadian. After a successful business career with Danish husband Fritz, at The Bear Trail Couples Resort, she became our resident artist. Gertrud presently operates an extensive art studio with over 30 paintings in her gallery. http://www.gertrudesorensen.com
The four Algonquin seasons are portrayed with varying moods in vibrant colours on her canvases. Having learned from Poul Thrane, David Armstrong, Gladys Ewing, Mary Lampman and Ron Leonard, it is easy to appreciate how they and the nature of Algonquin Park have influenced Gertrud's art.
Visit Gertrud's on-site studio while you are here and enjoy her artwork. Wander in and watch a canvas come to life. Take home a special gift to remember a romantic honeymoon or a joyous occasion as many of our guests from around the world have done.
Beyond her studio, she has had a solo show in Bancroft, participated in juried shows throughout East Central Ontario. She has also organized the "Mystery of the Park" in the Park's Visitor Centre every autumn.
Contact Gertrud Sorensen